Looking for the best email providers for business can be a tedious and tricky job, especially if you’re not a tech-savvy person. There are so many options and so many parameters that need to be taken into account. How to make the right choice that will make your business run efficiently and thrive?
You’ll get your answer soon. But before we get to that part, it’s essential to understand how beneficial it can be for your business to have its own hosting services and not to use your personal Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo account.
Benefits of having a business email service
First of all, with any of the best business email service, you can create your own custom domain – [email protected], which looks more professional and leaves a better impression in the corporate world. Besides, there is more storage space in your mailbox, as well as more memory for your large attachments files. All this, plus some integration with other applications, make your communication and collaboration more effective, which reflects positively on your everyday operations.
Now, let’s get back to the crucial question – how to find the best email providers for business?
Best Email Services for Business at a Glance
- Zoho Workplace
- Office 365
- G Suite
- Liquid Web
Refer to the next section to find a complete description of each email provider for business.
Best Email Providers for Business
Here are some of the top-notch possibilities.
This solution represents the best email providers for business that you can get for free. Zoho Workplace is a perfect tool for solopreneurs or smaller team that just need a simple webmail-based email, without additional features, such as document writer, chat, and so on. The free plan includes:
- Storage limit of 5GB
- Attachment limit of 25MB
- Email addresses
- Available for five users
- Email signatures
Price: Free (basic version); $1 user/month for the Mail Lite plan if you need more options like email forwarding, smart filters, bulk delete, and others.
This is a convenient email service for business owners that are looking for a cheap solution, without any unnecessary features they probably won’t use. Rackspace comes in two plans: basic and plus. The basic version includes:
- 25GB mailboxes
- Premium spam and virus protection
- Unlimited email addresses
- Automated email scheduling
- Mobile access
- Free trial
Price: $2.99 user/month (basic version); $3.99 user/month for the Plus Plan, which includes file storage and instant messaging.
This is a great choice for entrepreneurs who have just started their business and are looking for a website hosting provider (a place for your website on the Internet), as well as one of the best email services for business. The basic plan includes:
- Five email accounts
- 50GB of storage
- Email forwarding
- IMAP and POP support, meaning you can manage your business correspondence from Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo
- Easy to set up
Price: $3.95 user/month (introductory price); $7.99 user/month (regular price).
This email service provider is excellent for freelancers, solopreneurs, or companies that don’t communicate that much through email. Also, it’s a great option for organizations with an international team or clients. The basic plan offers:
- 2GB of cloud storage
- Support for 36 languages
- Synchronization with your mail, calendar, and contacts
- Ad-free interface
- Personal support
- Advanced features in the standard and professional plan such as unlimited archiving space or email addresses that match your website domain name
Price: $3 user/month (Basic Plan); $5 user/month (Standard Plan); $9 user/month (Professional Plan).
#5 Office 365
Not only Office 365 offers the best productivity tools, but it also provides one of the best email services for business. This is a perfect choice for larger companies that rely heavily on Office products, like Microsoft Word, Excel, or others. Some of the Premium version features include:
- 50GB mailbox
- Custom email domain address
- Data loss prevention and multi-factor authentication
- Spam and virus protection
- Different collaboration and productivity tools
Price: $5 user/month (Business Essentials) $8.25 user/month (Business); $12.50 user/month (Premium Plan).
#6 G Suite
G Suite is part of the Gmail email provider. This packet offers everything you need to run your business smoothly: from communication to productivity tools. More precisely, it provides:
- 30GB of document storage
- Emails with your business web address
- Email delegation
- Spam protection
- Email recovery
Price: $6 user/month (Basic Plan); $12 user/month (Business Plan, with unlimited storage and archiving); $25 user/month (Enterprise Plan, a premium office suite with advanced controls and capabilities).
If you use Windows 7, 8 or 10, then Mailbird is one of the best email providers for business for you. You can opt for the Personal Plan or the Business Plan, depending on your needs. Mailbird Business Plan includes:
- Multi-account support
- Mail, contacts, calendar exchange
- Integration with various apps
- Multiple identities per email address
- Commercial use
- Free trial and 14-day money-back guarantee
(Note: some of these options are under development)
Price: $1.63 user/month (Personal Plan); $3.71 user/month (Business Plan).
If the security and privacy of your emails concern you, then you should consider ProtonMail. This email service provides the highest level of confidentiality and security. There is a free version available, as well as paid plans.
The free version offers one email address without a custom domain, 500.00 MB of storage, and 150 messages per day.
On the other hand, the Plus Plan includes:
- Five email addresses
- One custom domain
- 5GB of storage
- 1000 messages per day
- Email filters and autoresponders
Price: $5.00 user/month.
If you’re just starting out and don’t have many resources, then the best email for business purposes would be Mail.com. It’s a lesser-known option that offers a Free Plan and a Premium Plan. The Free Plan allows you to:
- Choose your email address
- Collect all your emails from various accounts in one place
- Access your emails on your mobile devices
- Have 2GB of storage
- Get virus protection
On the other side, the Premium Plan has additional features like telephone support and IMAP and POP support.
Price: Not listed.
#10 Liquid Web
Apart from providing top-notch server packages, Liquid Web also offers one the best email providers for business and comes in three options: Standard, Plus, and Microsoft Exchange plan. Beside a spam-free mailbox and no hidden costs, the Standard Plan includes:
- 25GB of storage
- Deleted email recovery
- Custom email filtering
- Secure POP and IMAP
- Outlook auto-setup
Price: $1 /month per mailbox.
How to Choose the Best Email Provider for Business?
After reading this comprehensive list, you’re probably overwhelmed with the variety of choices you have. That’s why here you’ll find some guidelines that can help you choose one of the best email services for business and thus make the right decision.
- Consider the needs of your email communication. For example, if you often receive large attachments, you’ll need a bigger storage space. Also, take into consideration the size of your team and how many email addresses you need.
- Check if the email service provides all the features you need, as well as integration with other apps, spam filters, and others.
- Pay attention to the user interface and how easy it is to set up your email. This is very important because you’ll be managing all your business correspondence from that mailbox and you want a clear and intuitive design that is simple to use.
- Make sure you check the security and virus protection. Some of the attachments could contain a virus, so ensure your inbox and emails are safe.
- Test the demo version. Email providers usually offer it, so you can check if their service suits you before you make a purchase.
Camino Top Choices
Which free email is best? From the list above, Zoho Workplace
Which email service is the most secure? From the list above, ProtonMail
To sum up, having a professional email address can help you build your business credibility and therefore win your clients’ trust. It’s a small investment that can make a real difference and take your company to another level.
Want to learn more about the latest technology that can grow your business? Keep reading now about the best budgeting software for small business.