The Sam’s Club Business Membership is a program that business owners can take advantage of to save much money as possible when it comes to purchases.
Currently, brand retailers focus on becoming suppliers for various businesses to stay competitive.
That’s why in this article, we will delve into this program, including its benefits, drawbacks, and how to sign up for Sam’s club account.
What Is Sam’s Club Business Membership?
A Sam’s Club membership allows you to become a member of the wholesale retail warehouse; this, in turn, will enable you to buy at the retailer.
Members get perks with a membership, namely,
- instant savings on select items
- and a higher cashback percentage on membership purchases
Additionally, you don’t pay shipping fees with a Plus membership and can add up to 16 members to your account at a reduced cost. You also get discounts on prescriptions and glasses.
These credit cards are not the only alternatives! Small business loans are also great tools to invest in your business.Apply For Your Business Loan Today
Benefits Of A Sam’s Club Business Membership
This membership is affordable and gives members access to member-only sales and early-bird shopping.
Likewise, you can save on dining costs when taking clients to lunch or hosting an employee Christmas party by getting cashback or purchasing discounted gift cards.
Getting deep discounts for products and buying them in bulk lowers your business expenses, especially when you purchase consumables.
By paying wholesale prices, it’s possible to save 20% to 40% compared to retail pricing.
Not only that, you may be able to purchase the majority of your business supplies at one location to save on travel expenses. You could also place an online order and deliver the products without leaving the office.
Sam’s Club offers products to suit a variety of business industries such as restaurant equipment, janitorial supplies, flowers, foods and beverages, and vending and concession items, to name a few.
Sam’s Club Membership Types
Along with differences in pricing, the Club and Plus memberships and the credit card differentiate in member benefits.
|Club||Plus||Sam’s Club Credit Card|
|Cost||$45/year Note: Club members can upgrade to a Plus membership at any time by paying an additional $55||$100/year||No annual fee|
|Sam’s Cash||No||2% cash back for qualifying purchases; members can redeem cash rewards for store credit or cash||All members (Club, Plus, and Sam’s Club Mastercard cardholders – not a regular credit card) earn Sam’s Cash on gas, dining, and other purchases|
|Cashback||1% at Sam’s Club||3% at Sam’s Club||Cashback available for Sam’s Club Mastercard cardholders|
|Add on members||Up to 8||Up to 16||Can authorize employees as users|
|Where accepted||Walmart & Sam’s Club stores||Walmart & Sam’s Club stores||Walmart & Sam’s Club stores|
|Pharmacy & Optical Savings||B3||Yes||No|
What is the Sam’s Club Business Credit Card?
This is essentially the same as other business credit cards, except for this specific retailer (if you are already a Sam’s Club member, then the Sam’s Club credit business card will double as your membership card).
Sam’s Club Credit Business Card At A Glance
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases||24.40%|
|Late payment fee||$15.99-$39.99|
|Returned Check Fee||$15.00-$38.00|
|Grace Period||20 days|
|Method of Computing the Balance||Daily balance|
|Minimum Finance Charge||$2.00|
|Accepted at:||Sam’s Club and Walmart|
*Do not confuse it with the Sam’s Club Business MasterCard
Sam’s Club Business Credit Card Benefits
Like most other commercial credit programs, Sam’s Club credit card for business gives users some unique benefits that could make it a good option for you. Here’s a list of the credit card rewards:
Monthly Itemized Billing Statements
Member businesses will get monthly itemized billing statements for all of their purchases. Itemized billing statements mean every purchase line by line, making it easier for you to account for all your purchases and see precisely where you are spending the most.
Eligible for Purchases at Sam’s Club and Walmart
Sam’s Club is a subsidiary of Walmart Inc. That means you can use your credit at any Sam’s Club location or any Walmart, giving you more flexibility.
Add and Control Authorized Users
Authorized users are employees you allow to use your account, so you don’t have to do all of the shopping yourself. You can also track how much each employee is spending.
No Annual Fee
It is pretty self-explanatory, but unlike other commercial credit cards, it doesn’t have an annual fee.
Earn Cash Back
Like a typical credit card, you can receive cashback on all of your purchases. Since commercial spending tends to be larger, you likely will be able to get even more cashback.
Online Account Management
Users can manage their accounts on the card’s account management website. This includes viewing current or previous statements, paying bills, requesting a credit line increase, updating information, etc.
How to Apply For a Sam’s Club Credit Card For Businesses
To apply for Sam’s Club credit business card, you must follow a straightforward process.
You just need to fill out a credit application and provide some relevant information and documents.
Just print and fill out the application and visit your local Sam’s Club.
Sam’s Club Business Credit Card Requirements
Here is a list of some of the information you will need to provide on your application:
- Business name, address, and phone number
- Billing representative’s name
- Year business established
- Monthly spending
- Number of Employees
- Type of Business and how you have incorporated (sole proprietorship, corporation, etc.)
- Personal Guarantor information (only required for certain businesses)
There’s also a Best Buy for Business Commercial Program.
Do you Need a Good Credit Score?
They will base their approval not only on your application but on your business credit. Therefore, it is very rare for any business to get approved below a “good” credit score.
That means you probably need a score of 700 or more.
What About the Sam’s Club Business Mastercard?
This membership also offers a MasterCard credit card. The best thing about the MasterCard is that you can use it anywhere, you can use it too in Walmart. It has the following benefits:
- Cashback 5% for gas, 3% for dining and travel expenses, and 1% on all other purchases (there’s a cap of $5,000 per year)
- No annual fees
- Free employee cards
Pros and Cons of Sam’s Club Business Credit Card
Like anything else, Sam’s Club credit card for business has its advantages and drawbacks.
Below are some pros and cons so you can better decide if this business credit is right for you and your business:
- Easy Sign-Up- Signing up for a business credit account at the store is pretty straightforward and quick.
- If you need credit for fast purchases, you would be in luck signing up for a credit card.
- Variety of Goods- There are a lot of different items that you can purchase to help your business.
- Giving purchase options is crucial because you want to make as many purchases at Sam’s Club or Walmart as possible to take advantage of your deals.
- Cash Back- Getting cashback on purchases is a big deal, especially when you are a business.
- Saving any way you can is essential, so earning some of your money back on purchases can help your business save some capital for future use.
- Ability To Add Authorized Users- If you don’t want to make every purchase for yourself, you can add users who can use your account and even see exactly how much they spent.
- Not a Business Credit Card- The Sam’s Club credit card for business is not like traditional credit cards as you can only use it for purchases at Sam’s and Walmart.
- You would not want to get this card if you never shop at these stores.
- Limits your buying options- Sam’s Club is great for stocking your home supplies and will be very helpful many times for your business, but any credit store will only allow you to buy there, and most likely, you won’t find everything your business needs at Sam’s.
- So, at some point, you’ll have to find other providers, maybe with better prices, and you’ll need some other type of financing.
- You’ll add debt to more companies- If you’re running a small or medium business, you must know that it’s not good to have debt with multiple companies.
- If you get a credit card for every store where you buy, you’ll have many people buying in different places, and it will be harder to keep track of what you owe.
- Might Not Save You That Much Money- Whether a business credit card saves you money is often dependent on the card and your purchases.
- Most of the time, finding the right business credit card will save you more money in the long run as you can make a cashback and other rewards on all of your purchases, not just at a specific retailer.
- Plus, items will still cost you the same whatever payment method you use.
- Membership Required- While there is no annual fee for the credit card, you do need a membership to get the card, which has an annual fee of $45.
- You don’t need a credit card to shop there. It links to the last point: you can shop at Sam’s Club using your business capital if you already have the membership.
- If a lender financed your company with a loan, you just need to keep making your payments as usual.
- Credit Dependent- If you have had trouble with your credit score in the past, you might have a problem getting approved.
Building your credit is not as hard as you might think. You can improve your credit score in 60 days.
Other Inventory Financing Options
A store credit card is not quite financing for your business, they will help you with your purchases at that store (and will be a benefit for them since it makes you shop there), but it won’t affect the growth or success of your business, it won’t have an impact on your business plan.
So, if you’re running a medium or small business, what other options do you have when you need inventory financing?
Camino Financial Business Loans vs. Sam’s Club Credit Card for Business
There is an abysm between both options since a small business loan is meant to boost your business as a whole, and it will impact different aspects, while a store credit card is a payment method in that store.
Camino Financial Business Loans for Inventory Financing
You can apply online with the basic documents from your business, and someone who specialized in business loans will review your case.
We will tell you the best financing option for you, and sooner than you think, you will have the money in your bank account.
Fintechs like Camino Financial have made it much easier to get the right financing for your company without all the obstacles from the past.
As a result, business owners have freedom with the credit they receive.
The main difference from a store credit card is that the money is not conditioned for some particular use, store, product, etc. Instead, you decide what your business needs and use the money to invest in that.
So why not apply for a small business loan?Get Your Business Loan Now!
Is Sam’s Club Business Credit Card Right for You?
We hope that this post cleared up what this credit card is and why it might benefit you and your business.
If you realize that a business credit card is not the right financial tool for you as a business owner, there are other options, one of which is a small business loan.
A small business loan will help you invest in what really matters to you and will help your small business grow.
So why not give a loan a chance and see how your company starts succeeding?
At Camino Financial, we always strive to fulfill our motto: “No Business Left Behind,” and we do it by offering business loans with the best terms and creating a community of small business owners.
We have made it easier to have access to business financing; now, you can know in advance how much you would pay monthly depending on how much you ask and receive, using a business loan calculator.
Reach out to us, apply online, and we’ll match your business with the best financing solution we can offer.
FAQs On Sam’s Business Credit Card and Memberships
How to add authorized users to Sam’s club credit card?
Membership cardholders can be added or deleted by accessing your account online and scrolling to the membership-additional cardholder’s link.
From there, you enter the person’s name, email, and phone number. Make sure to save your information before exiting.
You can pick up a complimentary card at the membership services desk the next time you visit Sam’s Club.
Can you apply for Sam’s club business credit card online?
Yes, you can apply online or by visiting a Sam’s Club store. However, you must already have a Sam’s Club membership before you can apply, as the online application requires a membership number.
How to apply for a business credit card?
Choose the business credit card with the best terms for your business and complete a paper or online application.
Complete the application with all the requested information.
Submit your application along with copies of the requested verification documents.
Approval may be instantly or take a few days.
Once approved, activate the credit card, and pay off the credit card each month in full or an amount that exceeds the minimum payment.
Did Sam’s Club discontinue business membership?
To make shopping quicker and easier and reduce costs to their members, the company streamlined their membership categories in the past and eliminated the business membership.
Nowadays, Sam’s Club offers two membership levels: Club and Plus, with the latter, considered the option for businesses.
How much is Sam’s Club business plus membership?
A Plus Membership is good for 12 months and costs $100. The owner can add up to 16 Club-level memberships at a reduced price of $40 each. Sam’s Club allows one Plus membership per household.
Is Sam’s Club worth it?
Yes, because members can buy items at bulk pricing, save on costs for specific services, and stock up on supplies to save money.
Thanks to these savings, business owner can increase their profit margin and use the extra cash to grow and expand their business.