“You’re not going to believe this . . . someone just withdrew their loan application. They’re afraid family members will be deported.” – Camino Financial Loan Specialist
President-elect Donald Trump will awaken millions of Latino businesses owners to grow and create jobs at record rates.
Over the past three weeks, Camino Financial has been carefully listening to our client reactions of a Trump administration. From witnessing business owners withdraw their loan applications in fear of mass deportations, to listening to others who look forward to proposed business tax reductions. Despite our potential disagreements, one thing is for certain, President-elect Trump has placed Latinos in the spotlight.
We must take advantage of the spotlight and demonstrate our resiliency to create jobs and grow our businesses. We cannot afford to pull back amid uncertainty, but always move forward to carve a path toward the American Dream. Hence,
Camino Financial pledges to raise another $10 million to fund the American dreams of thousands of business owners.
But capital in isolation is NEVER the solution, we must inform ourselves about Trump’s proposed policies. Then, we must position ourselves to shape future policies under a Trump administration. It is time to engage with our President-elect, along with the Republican controlled House and Senate, and hold them accountable to growing our businesses.
Let’s get started. Below is a 1-sentence brief on proposed Trump policies that may impact your business:
- Corporate Tax Cuts: Decrease corporate tax rate from 35% to 15%.
- Repeal of Affordable Care Act (“ACA”): Repeal ACA, also known as Obamacare, mandating businesses with 50 employees or more to provide healthcare to employees.
- Repeal of Dodd-Frank: This is expected to de-regulate bank and non-bank borrowers to small businesses.
- Renegotiation of international trade agreements: Trump plans to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade negotiations and focus on bilateral trade policies protecting American jobs
- Immigration Policies: Trump has announced his intentions for mass deportations of undocumented immigrants, but most recently has toned down his rhetoric and focused on reevaluating federal worker visas
Any thoughts? We want to hear from you. Please fill out this 2-minute survey so we can move the conversation forward:
Latinos have been waiting for a moment and the moment is NOW. But the only way forward is TOGETHER.
Sean & Kenny, Co-Founders of Camino Financial