Why do you need to know about the best website builders for small business? Consider this: nowadays, businesses that aren’t online, don’t really exist, do they? It turns out that having an online presence is very important to grow in any industry since it helps you reach out to potential clients, allows people to get to know you and also helps your regular customers find information about yourself.
But hiring a website designer or a developer is quite expensive, and as a small business, it’s hard to pay for one when the budget is tight. Well, we have news for you: even if you are not tech savvy, you can actually do it yourself with the best website builders for small business that uses drag-and-drop designing. Plus, some of them are free.
Basics on Website Design
You do need to know at least some very basic website design things.
Use these 5 tips to build your first website
Some of the most popular website builders do most of the job for you, at least the most complicated. They usually have several templates that you can choose from and customize them so that your site is more personalized. You can just drag-and-drop the sections you want to add or delete.
What you need to keep in mind when designing:
- Add the logo of your business and customize the colors in the template with your brand colors. You could even add some characteristic images so your customers can identify you more easily.
- Add a contact section where the users can see your phone number, address, and link to your social media channels. If you have a customer service email, write it there as well. This way you will come across as approachable and it will be easier for new people to trust your business.
- If you have pictures of your store, restaurant or even products, you add them on the website so that potential customers can see what you offer. If you’re a restaurant, adding your menu could also help attract more people and make their decision process easier once they arrive.
- Add an “About us” section: write about your history, how you started and what’s your purpose. Let the people know what your business stands for and what makes it unique.
Now that you know some of the basic elements your website should have, let’s get down to business and start choosing one of the best website builders for small business.
10 Best Website Builders for Small Business
There are a lot of website builders out there and choosing one can be overwhelming, that’s why we’ve selected for you the top 10 best website builders for small business. Each one has different features and is good for different purposes. Choose the one that suits better your business needs.
Wix is one of the most popular and best-ranked website design platforms in the market. And the prices go from $13 to $29 per month depending on your needs, but it has a free version, in case you want to give it a try first.
- Pros: Numerous easy to use templates. Wix is known for being one of the easiest and best website builders for small business that help you get the best results.
- Cons: The templates can’t be changed once the site goes live, and the number of options to customize can be overwhelming.
Squarespace can be used to create either websites or online stores. It is known for its professional looking templates and it’s adaptability to different types of businesses and professionals. The prices range from $16 to $26 monthly for websites and $30 to $46 monthly for online stores, but you can always check out their free trial.
- Pros: Very visual and easy to use. The templates are beautiful and can give a touch of professionalism to your website.
- Cons: The free trial only lasts 14 days, and though it’s easy to use, it’s not really beginner level.
Another great tool for those who are not familiar with website design. It has lots of customizable templates and guides that help you optimize your content. You can use it for free, however, if you want to use the advanced features you have to pay from $6 to $26 monthly.
- Pros: Perfect to showcase products and services, it has a lot of tools to make the e-commerce experience better.
- Cons: The drag-and-drop is limited. If you want to take the website to another provider, you will have to rebuild it from scratch.
1&1 IONOS is perfect to create professional websites in a matter of minutes. It has website templates for a lot of industries and they offer 24/7 tech support. The prices go from $5 monthly for websites and $20 monthly for e-commerce.
- Pros: It has a multilingual tool which is great if you want to run your website in different languages and reach foreign markets.
- Cons: It doesn’t have a free option, and the designs are not as visually appealing as in some of the other best website builders for small business.
Site123 is one of the most helpful for non-tech-savvy people in our list of the best website builders for small business. What makes it different from other platforms is that Site123 just asks you some basic questions regarding the way you want your website and then creates a template that is suitable just for you. It has a free version and a premium version at $12.80 per month.
- Pros: Amazing customer support with its live chat feature. And a fully free version.
- Cons: Less flexibility when it comes to designing, and you’re not able to change the template once the site goes live.
If you want something fast, easy and basic, Sitebuilder is what you’re looking for. It is also one of the most affordable paid website builders in the market with prices ranging from $4 to $7.20 monthly.
- Pros: Extremely easy to use and quick to set up.
- Cons: It doesn’t offer a free plan and the quality of its templates is not as good as the others best website builders for small business.
Ucraft is very intuitive and perfect for beginners. It has easy-to-use customization tools and it can be used for any level of tech skills. You can start using their free version, but to add more features you can choose any of their packages that go from $10 to $69 monthly.
- Pros: High-quality templates, content optimization tools and tutorials to guide you through the process.
- Cons: It has a limited number of templates.
WordPress is the most popular website builder in the word. And it’s really not a surprise, this tool is completely free and it works for both beginners and advanced developers. You can start the website for your small business with one of its many templates, and as you learn you can add plug-ins and features that will make your site more pro.
- Pros: Thousands of templates and the flexibility to let your imagination fly.
- Cons: Backing up the site, keeping themes and plug-ins up to date is a manual task, and has to be controlled by you.
The most suitable builder for e-commerce. Shopify is 100% recommended if you’re running an online store as it is mainly built for this. It has a free trial for 14 days and from there you can purchase any of their plans, starting at $29 on a monthly basis.
It is a bit more pricey than other of the best website builders for small business, but you can be sure that it will include all the e-commerce features you need to thrive.
- Pros: Easy for beginners who want to create their first online shop. You can create your own domain and create a blog inside the platform.
- Cons: It is not free, and you’ll have a hard time if you ever choose to move to other e-commerce platforms.
Duda is another platform that allows you to create a normal website or e-commerce with all its features. It can be used by beginners and advanced developers. It was a 30-day trial and the prices range from $14 to $74 monthly.
- Pros: Intuitive and easy to use. The designs are responsive and can be seen nicely on mobile.
- Cons: It’s not possible to take the site to another host.
Register Your Domain
Once your website is done and completed, you need to register your domain. Your domain name will be your unique identity on the web, and owning one will give you a more professional look.
Even though many of the best website builders for small business already mentioned have an option for domains, you can also try one of these specialized sites that let you buy, register and host a domain. And the best part is that nowadays, these sites also have a website builder, so you can do everything in just one place.
GoDaddy is widely known for site hosting. It is one of the most simple tools to choose a domain name and register for hosting. Not only that, its prices range from $0.99 to $53.99 per year. And nowadays, the experience is more complete thanks to its website builder and other features that go beyond hosting.
- Pros: A diverse range of prices for all sort of needs. One of the most complete tools out there.
- Cons: The live chat support is only available during the week at working hours.
An alternative to GoDaddy, Host Gator is another web host with an incredible reputation online. It has grown to cover other features such as website building and domain registering. You can register your domain from as low as $0.95 to $15 per year.
- Pros: Great customer support, user-friendly for beginners and 45-day money guarantee.
- Cons: Too many pricing plans that could end up being confusing and overwhelming.
Now is Your Time to Choose the Best Website Builder for Small Business
Taking your business online is now easier than ever. These are just a few options from the wide arrange of what’s available on the web. You don’t need to be a developer yourself to create your first website, though you might need a little bit of budget to afford some of these tools.
A small business loan could help you invest in technology and improve your presence online. Looking professional to your current and future clients is a smart move, and in Camino Financial we can guide you through the process of getting the loan you need to do so. Apply for a business loan now and start thinking about all the possibilities of growing your business and reaching your goals.